DERMACARE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PROGRAM FOR MEN
Our program is designed for our patients to quickly achieve peak physical and mental performance despite their demanding lifestyles.
Precise dosing is the key. Proper hormone levels are determined by the BioTE® comprehensive blood work analysis. A unique dosing is generated for each individual patient, so dosing is customized for what your body needs. Pellets deliver pure, bio-identical hormones directly into the bloodstream 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for up to 5 months. Pills, patches, creams and shots cannot provide a steady delivery of hormones 24/7. Pellets provide a constant supply of hormones that your body recognizes as its own, which significantly reduces the chance of adverse side effects.
Based on your preliminary lab results you will have an open-ended in-person consultation. The physician will carefully evaluate and discuss the results of your preliminary lab analysis, diagnostics testing, and medical history, and will custom design a hormone replacement treatment tailored to your specific needs. Your plan may consist of BHRT, along with diet and nutritional advice, additional vitamins and supplements, and even a customized fitness program. Key fundamentals that will be discussed include:
- The role of hormones and micronutrients in your health.
- Sexuality Optimization.
- Low Glycemic Nutrition and Micronutrients.
- Weight Control.
- Flexibility and Fitness.
- Pain Management.
- Skin Care Evaluation.
- Aging Facts.
- Health Risk Factors (cardiovascular disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s, cognitive function, depression, sleep disorders, sexual drive, diabetes, weight loss, osteoporosis, and prostate cancer.
Our Initial evaluation includes a consultation with your physician and clinical team to discuss the following issues:
- Initial complimentary consultation with a clinic coordinator
- Complete extensive blood analysis
- Personalized medical evaluation by a physician
- Prescription of hormones and nutritional supplements plan (as clinically indicated)
- Insertion of bio-identical hormones pellets as per protocol
- A follow-up lab test 6 weeks after pellet insertion
- Periodic (3-4 months) evaluations and new pellets insertion as per patients needs and protocols
- Customized comprehensive fitness and nutrition by our fitness specialist
- Skin care evaluation by our cosmetologist
- Ongoing, detailed monitoring of your health goals
Once you begin your Healthy Lifestyle Program you will be able to witness the remarkable changes in both your physical state and overall outlook on life. At this very exciting point in your health journey, you can expect ongoing monitoring of your progress and goals, and make necessary refinements to your program along the way. There will be periodic follow-up blood analysis and new bio-identical hormone pellets insertion as needed to ensure your program is optimized to meet your health goals. Your monthly nutritional supplements will be shipped to you automatically.
SPECIALIZED DIAGNOSTIC TESTING (Add-on options)
Wellness Plus can provide you with elective diagnostic testing to better define your actual physical conditions and specific health risks. This comprehensive specialized testing includes the following:
- Resting Measurements – heart rate, blood pressure, weight, height and waist measurement
- Body Composition analysis –evaluates lean muscle mass, body fat mass, and intracellular/extracellular water
- Muscular Strength and endurance
- Core Strength, Stability, Flexibility and Balance
Additional specialized testing for early detection of certain diseases may include the following:
- Cardiac Risk Assessment: identifies inflammation, oxidative stress and genetic mutations leading to atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, progression towards Type 2 Diabetes, and inflammation.
- Micronutrients Assessment identifies functional deficiencies at the cellular level. It is an assessment of vitamins, minerals, amino/fatty acids, antioxidants and metabolites needed for the body to produce hormones, enzymes, and other substances essential for good health, proper growth and development. Repletion recommendations are made based on individual needs
- Telomere Health: identifies how well your individual cells are aging. By measuring one’s telomeres, the test reveals the rate of biological aging and is strongly correlated with risk for chronic diseases as well.
Hormone Pellet Therapy FAQ
Click the questions below to expand:
[accordion_shortcode class=”myClass” title=””]
[accordion_content title=”HOW LONG WILL I NEED TO STAY ON TESTOSTERONE PELLET THERAPY?”]
The amount of time often needed varies with each person depending on your age and symptoms, or for how long of your life you want to continue feeling good and aging healthy. Most men start to feel the results of testosterone therapy after 7-10 days of treatment.
[accordion_content title=”WHY ARE PELLETS BETTER THAN CREAMS, SHOTS, PILLS OR PATCHES?”]
They are a pure hormone. That is, they are not metabolized into byproducts by going through the liver, stomach or skin. Pellet delivery system allows your body to use the right amount of hormone from the pellet as the blood flow surrounding the pellets picks up what is needed.
[accordion_content title=”HOW OFTEN WILL I NEED PELLETS?”]
For men: usually every 4-5 months.
[accordion_content title=”WHERE DO THE PELLETS GO?”]
Because they are pure hormone without fillers or synthetic ingredients, they completely dissolve in your body.
[accordion_content title=”HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY BODY TO GET BACK TO LEAN NORMAL?”]
That depends on how much you exercise and work out –especially with weights, as well as your age.
Testosterone also increases your natural growth hormone and therefore will improve your stamina to workout and increase muscle mass.
[accordion_content title=”I HAVE NO LIBIDO – WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR THAT, IF ANYTHING?”]
The addition of testosterone in pellet form will change everything for the better! Good hormone balance will greatly improve your libido, sex drive, and performance.
[accordion_content title=”DOES TESTOSTERONE CAUSE PROSTATE CANCER?”]
NO. Bio-identical testosterone pellets are the only replacement that reverses that trend.
Metabolites of testosterone -dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and estrone, cause prostate enlargement and contribute to prostate cancer. Estrone increases and testosterone decreases as men age and as men gain belly fat.
[accordion_content title=”WHAT IF I HAVE PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT ALREADY?”]
Testosterone pellets will make it better if you do not convert it to DHT; we will treat that if it happens.
[accordion_content title=”HOW DO I TAKE TESTOSTERONE PELLETS AND NOT CONVERT THEM SOME OF THESE OTHER HORMONES?”]
Your blood levels of estrone and DHT are checked after treatment to see if they are elevated. Few men still convert to these metabolites even on testosterone pellets. If they are converting, we troubleshoot with natural supplements such as dim and saw palmetto, or an aromatase inhibitor prescription, if needed.
[accordion_content title=”DOES TESTOSTERONE PELLETS MAKE MY BODY MAKE MORE TESTOSTERONE?”]
No. Testosterone therapy is designed to replace, the testosterone your body is no longer making. It does not stimulate the production of more of your own testosterone.
[accordion_content title=”WILL MY TESTICLES SHRINK WHILE I TAKE THE TESTOSTERONE PELLETS?”]
Yes, they will. Testicles are suppressed by taking any kind of testosterone and consequently they will not make as much of their own testosterone while the pellets are working. This is not permanent and the testicle retains its ability to produce testosterone.