Most women have cellulite, mostly on their thighs, buttocks and legs. If you’re part of that large group, you know how hard it is to fight those dimples and dents. Before you decide to throw in the towel, find out if a new treatment called PRP for cellulite can help you get a smooth, toned, dimple-free body. Here at WellnessPlus Medical Center, we are proud to provide this cellulite reduction treatment to our patients and encourage you to learn more about it.
What is PRP for Cellulite?
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma. Treatments using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) have become popular in treatments like the so-called vampire facial, which has become a go-to method for enhancing and improving the skin. Now, cosmetic surgeons have discovered that PRP treatments are also great at getting rid of cellulite. Using PRP allows your body to shed the fat cells that cause cellulite, replacing them with healthy new cells that won’t form into cellulite. It’s not an instant cure, but it’s a permanent one that’s less invasive than surgery or liposuction.
How Does PRP for Cellulite Work?
- The professional draws a small amount of your blood.
- This blood is spun in a centrifuge until the plasma separates from the white blood cells.
- The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is injected into the skin of the targeted area.
- This causes the body to create stem cells in response to the injection of the PRP.
- The fat cells are replaced by new cells that are strong, firm and healthy.
Benefits of PRP for Cellulite
- It is nonsurgical.
- There’s no recovery and no downtime.
- It’s less invasive than liposuction.
- The procedure is efficient and comfortable.
- It uses your body’s own natural functions.
What Results Can I Expect from PRP for Cellulite?
You won’t see results immediately after your PRP treatment. Instead, your body will begin to transform steadily and gradually over the next few weeks. Within two to three months, you will see the full results of the treatment.
What is the PRP for Cellulite Reduction Procedure Like?
- The treatment is done in a medical facility.
- You can get right back to your regular activities immediately after a treatment.
- PRP can be combined with other body-shaping procedures.
Learn More About PRP for Cellulite
If you’re ready to shed those undesirable dimples, PRP for cellulite reduction can help you do it. To learn more, we invite you to reach out and make an appointment with WellnessPlus Medical Center! At our convenient locations in Pembroke Pines and Miami Beach, our dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain this cellulite reduction treatment in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!